An exploration of bird language, sensory awareness and connection to nature.
Bird language and sensory awareness, (May 11-12, 2019)
Understanding bird language – what they are telling each other and what they are telling us – is a skill which has many practical applications. It can enrich your life in surprising ways.
Who needs Eckhart Tolle, when you have the birds?
author of ‘What The Robin Knows’
Bird language is an ancient skill that people have used to help them survive and thrive for thousands of years. It has largely been forgotten but is sorely needed at this time of cultural upheaval and shifting natural patterns.
In an era marked by increasing disconnection from nature, self and others, the practice of learning bird language will give you the tools to be successful in your relationships, your career and your community. It will enhance your awareness and your ability to experience empathy, compassion, attentiveness, sensitivity to your surroundings and to other people.
Your participation in daily activities will open up a new world of understanding and help achieve a ‘quiet mind’, resulting in increased peace and happiness. This has a ripple effect that will benefit you and your loved ones. It will also enhance your ability to become a successful nature mentor to others.
- understanding the concept of Five Voices of the Birds
- interpreting shapes of alarm – the building block of bird language
- engaging the senses in nature
- key bird species
- journal-keeping techniques
- games and fun activities.
This workshop takes place over the course of two days. Camping is available. Alternatively we can recommend a local B&B. There are a few different cost options. Book before April 1st and get an early bird discount of £25!
- Option 1 – All inclusive: £199 (includes course fees, camping and all meals)
- Option 2 – Daily entry: £75 (includes course fees and lunch on both days but does not include camping, breakfast and evening meal)
- Option 3 – Bursaries are available for those on a low income (contact the course leader for more information)
All inclusive, Daily entry